Moving from Siteimprove to Silktide
Silktide and Siteimprove both cover the following fundamentals:
- Check spelling, broken links, SEO, and accessibility
- Test your website automatically every 5 days, and retest on demand
- Define and enforce custom policies for your websites
- See problems highlighted on your webpages visually
- Receive scheduled, customized emails about your website
- Dedicated training, support, and expert advice
If you’re familiar with Siteimprove, you may not even need training at all to start working with Silktide. Generally common tasks – like working with spelling errors – are simpler and require fewer clicks than in Siteimprove.
Changes in terminology
|Part of a website||Group||Section|
|SEO / marketing area||SEO||Marketing|
|Monitoring of uptime||Response||Uptime|
|Score for a whole website||DCI||Overall score|
In Silktide, we use “Marketing” instead of “SEO” as we cover a broader range of website marketing, including SEO.
- Mobile testing – Silktide tests all of your pages in mobile devices, and highlights issues with mobile layout and design.
- Silktide tests WCAG 2.1 (at the time of writing, Siteimprove claims to do this but greys out all of the relevant checkpoints)
- Advanced SEO – Silktide allows you to track your search rankings over time, analyze competitors, and more.
- Leaderboards allow you to compare websites and sections against each other and are usually emailed to your staff on a monthly basis.
- Analytics – Silktide does not provide an analytics solution of our own. Instead we integrate with other analytics providers, including free solutions like Google Analytics.
Silktide offer a dedicated Siteimprove migration service, where we’ll help you move over your settings from Siteimprove. Depending on what you use, this can include:
- Website + group definitions
- Learned dictionary words
- and more
If you need any help with migration just speak to your Customer Success Manager.