Best practice screen
This screen shows areas of the website which are not following a range of marketing best practices.
What it covers
The following checks fall under best practice by default:
- The whole website should use SSL
- Every page should use analytics
- Every page should define a Favicon
- The website should have a working “not found” page which returns a HTTP status code of 404.
- The website should have a single canonical address
- The website should redirect between variations of its address to the single canonical address
- Every page should define an explicit language code
How to use it
Violations of best practice are shown at the top of the screen. These are sorted with the most severe first. Once an issue is resolved, it turns into a green tick:
Below this Silktide lists pages in a table, with the most problematic pages shown first:
Click on a page to view specific best practice issues with that page in the Inspector.