How to integrate Silktide with WordPress
This guide details what the Silktide CMS plugin for WordPress does, how to download and install/configure it, and how it is used in practice. You will need Administrator access and be able to upload a plugin to your WordPress installation.
This plugin enables two main features:
- Easily switch from the Silktide application to the appropriate page in your WordPress installation to make changes.
- New or changed pages in your WordPress installation will be automatically checked in Silktide when published.
Installing the plugin
The plugin is available on the WordPress plugin store.
View plugin on WordPress store.
In your WordPress installation, go to the menu and select Plugins and Add New.
Once you are on the Add Plugins screen, click Upload Plugin at the top.
On the ‘Upload’ page, use the Choose file option to upload the plugin you previously downloaded and click Install Now.
Once it has been installed, click Activate Plugin.
Configuring the Plugin
In your Silktide account, return to the Settings -> CMS page you downloaded the plugin from and copy the API key displayed.
In your WordPress menu, go to Settings in the left-side administration menu and select the new Silktide option.
In the API Key field of the ‘Silktide Configuration’ page, paste the key you copied in step 1.
Click Save Changes.
You will need to retest your site in Silktide for these changes to take effect.
Retesting your site
Once the Plugin has been configured in WordPress, you will then need to retest your site so Silktide will read the relevant data.
Login to Silktide and select your report – just click Retest in the top right and wait for the site to retest.
Navigating from Silktide to WordPress
Once the report has finished running, you can then view your results. If everything has been configured correctly, when viewing the Inspector you should see a pencil icon appear in the top right next to the Page and HTML buttons.
Clicking on the pencil icon will instantly take you to your WordPress installation with the appropriate page loaded.
- How to find your Silktide API keys
- How to integrate Silktide with Drupal
- How to integrate Silktide with Sitefinity
- How to integrate Silktide with Craft CMS 3
- How to integrate Silktide with Drupal 7
- How to integrate Silktide with Umbraco
- How to integrate Silktide with Terminalfour
- Silktide API for CMS integration